The Requirements Analyst will be responsible for eliciting requirements from business owners and SMEs, documenting those requirements using standard document templates, communicating risks/contingencies to project managers, consulting with technical development staff to clarify business requirements and participating in design and demonstration sessions with technical and business staff. This position requires a balance between exceeding customer expectations and providing the business with realistic feedback on scope. Under the direction of the Requirements Management Manager, this position will ensure the quality of requirements.
Primary Job Duties:
- Document requirements workshops to efficiently obtain detailed business requirements for medium to large scale strategic projects. Ensure that requirements statements are complete, prioritized, validated, consistent, concise, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to organizational standards.
- Lead the creation of various models, documents and specifications that will contribute to effective software development, which may include: Vision/Scope documents, Business Process Models, User Stories, Use Cases, Use Case Models, Activity (swim lane) diagrams, functional and supplemental specifications, and other types of artifacts.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Effectively collaborate with project teams, SMEs, and development teams in creating a robust set of specifications as a basis to estimate and build systems.
- Work with development teams to ensure requirements are understood, and applications and enhancements are developed correctly.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs.
- Participate in end user shadowing sessions, debriefings, requirements validation and user acceptance testing sessions as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of the Functional Requirements team, contributing to define best practices, conduct peer reviews, and build knowledge as required.
- Mentor less seasoned Requirements Analysts.
- Strong leadership, meeting facilitation, relationship management, critical thinking, technical writing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the elicitation, formulation, articulation, and management of requirements.
- Broad knowledge of health insurance industry, business applications, and IT systems preferred.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC).
- Familiarity with requirements management tools, data capture and traceability matrix formulation.
- Understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Requirements Planning experience.
- Strong soft skills (teamwork, active listening, proactive attitude, mentoring, motivation, empathic communication, negotiation).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages and testing tools a plus.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office tools including Visio and Project.
- Demonstrated use of project management skills including strong follow up.
- Demonstrated ability to participate on or lead several requirements engagements concurrently.
- Previous participation with technical teams on system analysis and design including systems integration projects between disparate systems.
- Exhibits professional demeanor and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains neutrality when resolving conflicting IT and business issues.
- Familiarity with agile methodology; knowledge of Scrum and Unified Process desired. Familiarity with meeting facilitation and facilitation techniques.
Masters preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience prefer 10. Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) and Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred.
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...