Analyst, CIU Analytics
Job Number: 12000002Q1
The Analyst, Consumer Insight Unit (CIU) Analytics position will provide statistical and mathematical support to partners within the Consumer Insight Unit and throughout the business. The ideal candidate will have a good basis in statistical modeling techniques such as linear and logistic regression, as well as the ability to branch into other methods such as time series, clustering, ANOVA, experimental design, linear programming, stochastic processes, simulation, and other techniques as needed.
Interpersonal communication skills are critical to success at Best Buy, and this role will be responsible for working directly with other research and analytics teams as well as the end business client in order to be effective in the role. This role will have exposure to many parts of the business, including marketing, merchants, retail, and online teams. The ability to communicate with non-technical audiences is important for this role.
This position will also interact with IT partners, ranging from working with our data warehouse team, our data privacy and security teams, our analytical tools team, and others as appropriate. Knowledge of statistical software is essential; SAS knowledge is preferred, but other tools of a similar nature may be appropriate as well. Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with third party data will also be useful and valuable in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and delivery of statistical and mathematical models in support of business initiatives.
- Presenting project results to a variety of audiences, from analytical and research peers, to business partners.
- Partnering with other research and analytics teams to determine when and how to engage the modeling capability in their work.
- Communication and outreach of the modeling capability to business clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Economics or related field
- 3 or more years of experience in mathematical or statistical modeling
- 3 or more years of experience in in statistical software
- Ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience
- Advanced Degree in Math, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Economics or related field
- Previous experience with SQL
- Previous experience in retail or financial services
- Previous experience in customer or consumer analysis
- Previous experience in a client-facing role
Primary Location: United States-MN-Richfield
Organization: Best Buy US Corporate
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2012
Best Buy - 10 months ago
Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances and...