Work closely with deal teams. Provide astute financial analysis which synthesizes complex information into articulate reports. Work on strategic assignments, providing meaningful participation on virtually all elements of a transaction from marketing to closing. Role is divided into four core areas: financial modeling; crafting compelling, accurate presentations from complex financial data; conducting extensive research leveraging the Internet and other published periodicals; and conducting analysis on client companies utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other tools.
(Including specific Education and License requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, but will consider seniors (with outstanding academic achievement ) in line to graduate by end of 2012
- Superior work ethic and a drive for perfection
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong quantitative and technical / computers skills (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Major in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics.
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis, the M&A process and company valuation techniques (DCF, EVA, public company multiples, transaction multiples).
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Provide the following support, as needed, to Deal Teams:
- Develop original financial models that provide a valuation assessment on public and private companies through comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Create target lists, participate in marketing projects and prepare pitch presentations.
- Compile buyers' lists for sell-side mandates (or target lists for buy-side mandates) through databases, in-house data and industry information.
- Assist with other business development initiatives by preparing industry analyses and thought pieces that highlight the Firm's understanding of industry trends, issues and outlooks.
- Gather client industry information from primary and secondary research sources including the Internet, trade publications and periodicals.
- Perform financial analyses on client companies.
- Use research and financial analysis to draft Pitch Books, Information Memorandums, Précis and other marketing documents.
- Develop executive documentation and presentations.
- Anticipate the needs of deal teams.
- Communicate and work effectively with others.
- Actively participate in team meetings; promote team atmosphere and work well to resolve conflicts
- Gain confidence and trust of both colleagues and clients.