Who We Are : WakeStorm Capital was founded in 2009 to capitalize on debt market dislocations created by the real estate and credit markets implosion in late 2007 and the subsequent exposure of banks and other financial institutions to this devastating scenario. WakeStorm Capital evaluates/underwrites/purchases Commercial Real Estate (CRE) debt and debt portfolios throughout the country and has helped our partners invest over $800MM since inception.
Position Overview : WakeStorm has an opening for a Financial Analyst or Associate at our office in Redwood City, CA, about 30 miles south of San Francisco. The associate will participate in the entire acquisition process including pursuit/win probability analysis, property inspections, market studies, collateral underwriting/valuation, bid price negotiations/offers and potentially asset management and disposition. WakeStorm reviews an extremely high volume of opportunities (~10% win-to-bid ratio), so we’re looking for hard workers that function well as part of a tight-knit team.
• Demonstrated background/passion in real estate. 2 to 5 years of relevant experience. Undergraduate and/or graduate real estate related education is a plus but not required.
• Outstanding communication skills including the ability to defend a position and work with brokers and other individuals across the country.
• Strong work ethic is imperative.
• Team oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to think on your feet at a rapid pace.
• Comfort and experience with technological research tools and basic software programs. Microsoft OFFICE suite skills required; Argus experience is a plus (but not required).
Required Education, Work and Related Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Two to five years prior related experience
- Strong OFFICE and Excel skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills