Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years. We combine our deep clinical, financial, and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better by collaborating with our customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. With more than 2,000 employees globally, we have major offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. Advantage Suite, Micromedex, ActionOI, MarketScan, and 100 Top Hospitals are registered trademarks or trademarks of Truven Health Analytics. For more information, please visit http://www.truvenhealth.com/ .
Provide basic analytic and client support as part of team that delivers healthcare information and consulting services to large employer, health plan, or state Medicaid clients.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Works closely with the consultant and the Truven client team to identify and understand clients' healthcare information needs.
- Executes analytic methodologies to support client actions and decision-making.
- Assists with the development and documentation of analytical results, and with the presentation of these elements to clients.
- Supports other team members with analytic activities, including assisting with the development and execution of test plans.
- Generate multi-client analytic alerts.
- Run client-specific reports for multi-client norms.
- Run reports and produce dashboards.
- Identify key trends using client-specific data.
Technical/Professional Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree requiring strong quantitative skills or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years healthcare industry and/or quantitative work experience or graduate level education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and with external clients.
- Good presentation, questioning and listening skills.
- Time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
- Applies intermediate PC skills; experienced in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word).
- Willingness to travel.
- Demonstrates aptitude for DSS tools and basic technical aptitude.
- Applies basic database and healthcare knowledge.
- Acquires new skills/stays current in use of necessary tools and skills to perform job as instructed.
- Recognizes internal inconsistencies in data or analytic output.
- Designs portions of documents, specifications, and/or data quality reports.
- Communicates effectively with work group and internal and external customers.
- Uses effective interpersonal skills to interact productively with team and internal and external customers.
- Responds to and resolves standard problems and queries.
- Conducts analyses and investigations to resolve routine problems, generally without assistance.
- Recognizes areas for improvement and offers recommended solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently within area of primary professional or technical expertise, with some supervision or periodic monitoring.
- Follows up to resolve client questions.
- Performs tasks at direction of others accurately and within expected time budgets.
- Knows when to ask for input and assistance.
- Understands and uses the formal structures or hierarchy of the organization.
- Demonstrates an understanding of department's role and role of the business unit through daily interaction with cross-functional staff/teams.
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Has responsibility for the timeliness and quality with which own assignments/tasks are completed.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2014 fiscal year (October 1, 2013-September 30, 2014).
Truven Health Analytics - 17 months ago
Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and...