We are currently looking for a full-time, experienced, analytical chemist to work in a quality control laboratory. The QC lab supports all raw material, finished product, and stability testing for a FDA regulated, GMP compliant dietary supplement manufacturing facility in Farmington, CT. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Conduct analytical chemistry testing on dietary supplement raw material, finished product, and stability samples, using HPLC, UHPLC, GC, IC and other applicable analytical instruments to ensure GMP compliance.
2. Evaluate current analytical chemistry test methods.
3. Perform method transfer, method development and validations.
4. Originate and revise laboratory SOPs. Write protocols, summaries, and reports.
5. Peer review laboratory notebook and related documents.
6. Train new chemists.
7. Assist protein analysis, physical testing, and microbiological testing as needed.
8. Support other laboratory tasks as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry or related discipline with at least 5 years hands-on HPLC experience. GC, IC, LC-MS or other related experience highly desired.
2. Solid analytical chemistry knowledge. Strong data analysis skills and troubleshooting ability.
3. Previous experience conducting method development and validation work in a FDA regulated pharmaceutical, dietary supplement, or food industry preferred.
4. Good documentation skills.
5. Familiar with SOP’s and GMP’s.
6. Capable of multi-tasking, and adapting to fast-paced environments.
7. Candidates must be self-starters, organized, with great attention to detail, and excellent team work skills.