Alltech Inc. is a privately owned biotechnology company specialized in feed additives for animal health. We are at present seeking a highly motivated Analytical Research Chemist with a minimum of 2 years of experience to support Alltech’s routine research and development efforts and analytical needs for the quantification of small bioactive molecules. This position is located at the Headquarters, in Nicholasville, KY.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- Setting-up realistic goals and providing reasonable deadlines.
- Applying extraction procedure to the quantification of small molecules of specific interest with a strong emphasis on contaminants (i.e. mycotoxins) and metabolites; fatty acids and related; antioxidant biomarkers; selenium-based bioactive ingredients.
- Applying complex multi-stage extraction procedure for the concentration and purification of compounds of interest from feed/food matrices and from biological fluids and microorganisms.
- Use of separative technology such as High Pressure and Ultra Pressure Liquid Chromatography; Use of SPE, AE, RP, HILIC, SEC separation technology; use of in-gel/off-gel separative techniques.
- Use of Electro-spray ionization tandem mass spectrometer (ESI-MS/MS) and hyphenated techniques
- Use of Inductively Coupled Plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) and hyphenated techniques
- Designing and generating experimental plans for the optimization, validation and verification of analytical methods. Good knowledge of ISO standards.
- Use of preparative chromatography for purification of large quantities of compounds.
- Interpretation of Mass Spectra.
- Troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
- Maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- PhD in analytical chemistry with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and Proficiency in ESI, APCI, API, MALDI, mass spectrometry techniques.
- Knowledge and Experience in ICP-MS
- Knowledge on quantification techniques.
- Practical knowledge of separative methods and identity confirmation.
- Laboratory experience imperative.
- Ability to independently diagnose and solve complex technical and scientific problems.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively interface with other members of the group and to interact with direct supervisors.
- Ability to write technical documents, scientific reports and experience in scientific articles writing.
Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae and cover letter with statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicant must be proficient in Mass spectrometry to apply for this position. All applications that do not meet this requirement will be systematically rejected. Please no phone calls.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.