The Analytical System Specialist is responsible to perform the defined duties necessary to implement, configure and support LIMS and other analytical process to the highest quality, and to ensure that such services are provided in a timely, safe, legal, and ethical manner. Responsible for all aspects of LIMS including facility installation/configuration, static data configuration, report development and support and infrastructure (server, database and software).
Train closely with LIMS vendor to gain a strong proficiency in LIMS configuration
Play a critical role in each site's LIMS implementation
Responsible for implementing LIMS link to connect to other laboratory equipment.
Manage and support the LIMS system post-implementation (troubleshooting, maintenance, software upgrades, and system improvements) in conjunction with IT.
Troubleshoot and train others on LECO.
Support test method development and validation.
Optimize laboratory test methods to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Develop corporate lab testing policies.
Develop split sample program.
Other duties as assigned
1) Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related science degree
2) Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a Quality Lab Testing related role
3) Experience with LECO and NIR (Near Infrared Technology) required
4) LIMS and SQL database knowledge preferred
5) Food Safety experience preferred
6) Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
7) Excellent computer and software application skills
8) Direct internal contact as well as external contact with vendors and customers
9) 25-50% travel required
Milk Specialties Global - 12 months ago
Milk Specialties Company (or MSC for short) is not some miscellaneous company if you're are an animal. It manufactures animal feed and...