Are you a super star (or one in the making)? Want to be at the cutting edge of groundbreaking technology? If you thrive on start up adrenaline, have a nothing-is-impossible attitude and feel you will be able to learn from a team of rock stars as much as you will teach them - come help us make a difference by fixing some broken but fundamental laws of technology that have stood the test of time for decades.
iSwifter is an early-stage startup based in the quaint downtown hub of Menlo Park, CA. Our founding team consists of serial entrepreneurs and Silicon Valley veterans who are passionate about building innovative technology and products that make a difference in the world. iSwifter was incubated at YouWeb. Backed by Silicon Valley super angels, iSwifter was spun out of YouWeb in January 2011.
iSwifter is looking for analytics engineers to work on our core mobile products (iOS, Android) on the gaming and edutainment sides to help drive informed business decisions. You will enjoy working with a very rich data set generated by millions of users, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your analytical insights shape real products and business decisions on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field, will have experience working with large data stores, and will have some experience building software. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, acquisition, and user engagement of a product.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Partner with product & business teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Mine large amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- 2-5 years experience with quantitative analyses preferably for a social web/ mobile/ consumer internet company
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field. Advanced degrees a plus but not required
- Fluency with documented-oriented databases - MongoDB strongly preferred
- Experience with large data sets and map-reduce
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Understanding of statistical analysis preferred
At iSwifter, spontaneity is routine. While hard work is appreciated, having fun is non-negotiable! An impromptu company sponsored trip to Las Vegas or bonuses when they are least expected are as important to us as delivering a world-class product to a thrilled customer.
Of course, a competitive salary, best equity in the Silicon Valley and a killer benefits package are bonuses:
- Complete suite of Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible and Generous vacation policy
- Monthly Caltrain commute pass
- Company sponsored lunches and happy hours
- 401k Plan
iSwifter is an early-stage startup based in Menlo Park, CA. Our founding team consists of serial entrepreneurs and Silicon Valley veterans...