Palo Alto, CA
A new Palo Alto based company is seeking a Front End Engineer. This is a permanent, full time position.
We are a leading provider of online analytics to eCommerce merchants. In short, we help people make more money on platforms like eBay, Yahoo Japan, (and soon to be more!). We have mastered the world’s largest single ecommerce data set and we are looking to expand our reach to other platforms. Many online merchants are only scratching the surface of the potential revenues they can make online. We are here to help them get closer to that potential. Our analytics make a difference to merchants around the world, every day. It is common to write code and have it running on the live site within days. We are not afraid to adopt new technologies and methodologies if we feel it is what’s best for our customers. If you want to be excited to come to work every day knowing that you will be making a difference today, tomorrow, and next week, give us a shout. Come grow with us.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the Analytics Platform team. The ideal candidate will be psyched about building Petabyte scale distributed systems. You will be part of a team that is pushing the envelope of data/query optimization looking for solutions to improve search and analytics systems. Millions of users around the world use our product to analyze billions of ecommerce transactions in real-time. We are looking to expand and improve on this in a more prescriptive way. This position is full-time and based in our office in Palo Alto.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Develop high quality, high performance distributed search backend systems.
- Analyze and improve data query efficiency, scalability, and stability of servers and processes
- Work in teams to incorporate system innovation
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Front End Engineers to support new and better search & analytics products
If interested, please contact:
- Expert knowledge developing, debugging, and optimizing on the JVM.
- Experience with Hadoop or MapReduce and R required.
- Education and comfort with data analysis and statistics.
- Strong experience working with both traditional relational databases as well as emerging NoSQL options (SoLR, Mongo, Memcached, etc).
- Strong Linux capabilities.
- Familiarity with the open source ecosystem desirable.
- Experience developing with Java, Python, Bash, or PHP
- Experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed system
- Previous experience with search infrastructure a plus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Senior Recruiter | RockIT Recruiting |Careers Launched.
RockIT Recruiting - 18 months ago