The Ancillary Services Representative is responsible to serve as a liaison between the hospital laboratory and imaging departments and the physician offices. The incumbent is responsible for capturing new business, marketing lab and imaging services to physician offices, maintaining and providing service and service recovery, assuring adequate courier services, and establishing new test procedures and facilitating their rollout.
Bachelors degree in business, business marketing, life sciences, or other relevant field.
1. One-three years experience in customer service, account ownership/development, laboratory, imaging, or related healthcare services.
2. Previous experience in customer service required.
C. PREREQUISITE SKILLS
1. Strong planning and organizational skills.
2. Ability to work in a team environment.
3. Ability to interact with all levels of clientele and coworkers.
4. Customer orientation and account development.
5. Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry.
7. Strong computer skills
Driver’s license required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. ESSENTIAL (not modifiable)
1. Targets key accounts for growth in line with target market and regional market strategies.
2. Targets and secures profitable new business in line with hospital marketing strategy by effective targeting of prospective accounts, building relationships and securing the business.
3. Builds relationships at multiple levels within the account (physician, office manager, and office staff),and with MGH internal support staff and operations to maximize the efficiency of process.
4. Introduces new products and services related to laboratory and medical imaging.
5. Develops sales cycle and call frequency.
6. Maintains a breadth of knowledge of all connectivity products.
7. Leverages all tools and resources (data, IT, target lists, sales, marketing, lab) to resolve issues, provide service, and/or service recovery.
8. Completes all administrative tasks thoroughly and promptly.
9. Educates new physicians and office staff on all MGH processes and procedures to ensure favorable transaction for patients and physicians with the hospital.
10. Assists in the rollout and project coordination of new offsite outpatient service centers.
11. Assists with physician relations events, communications and management of physician contacts/database on an as-needed basis.
Marin General Hospital - 14 months ago