Android Developer Requirements:
- Android Developer
- An Android Developer will work closely with other members of the Perficient Android development team to deliver high quality mobile applications.
- Design mobile applications using Java and the Android API.
- Design and implement mobile applications while working closely with web services developers to help generate requirements.
- Work with other developers on the Perficient development team on the implementation of common frameworks and solutions.
- Work with the Perficient development team to support and maintain existing production code and develop and deliver new enhancements and products to our client base.
- Work with the Technical Architect, Business Solutions Analyst and Technical Solutions Lead on implementing functional requirements of our various applications.
- Interact with Quality Assurance personnel during system testing phases of application development.
- Develop documentation including help text, report samples, and screen samples.
- Assist in the development of unit testing with Eclipse and JUnit.
- Stay current on new technologies as they relate to mobile application development.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Strong Java skills
- Android API experience
- SVN, Git or source management experience
- Android Layout and Activity experience
- Unit testing with Eclipse and JUnit
- Proficient in analyzing software requirements and documenting technical specifications for mobile applications
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Experience managing the maintenance and administration of pre-production code environments
- Experience in developing new systems and maintaining existing systems
- Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems and be able to independently and jointly develop desired solutions
- Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
- Client-focused attitude with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills not necessarily associated with programming
- Committed team player with positive winning attitude
- Ability to work within a team and work independently
- Varied knowledge and skills required in the following areas:
- Ability to work with others in various departments
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Working proficiency of company standard MS Windows and associated office productivity
- software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Corporate policies, procedures and organizational structure
- Extensive daily contacts with professional and executive levels both inside and outside of the
- Interacts with customers, potential clients, vendors, and employees
- A Bachelors degree with a major in CS, CIS, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years development experience in which the largest part of that time has been spent delivering mobile or embedded applications.
- Most duties performed in usual office conditions.
- Occasional travel to professional meetings and working trips as required.
- Use of company provided computer requiring frequent mental and visual attention.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding proprietary information at all times.
Perficient is a leading information technology consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. Our IT consultants deliver business-driven technology solutions that enable our clients to gain competitive advantage, make their businesses more responsive to market opportunities and threats, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, improve productivity and reduce information technology costs.
Since 1998, we have delivered successful business-driven technology solutions for hundreds of Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers. During that time, we have grown from a startup to a publicly-traded firm with approximately 2,000 full-time professionals serving clients from locations in 25 strategic markets across North America, global delivery centers in Europe and China, and a technology consulting recruiting office in India.
We have deep domain expertise in technology solutions that differentiate our firm. We use small, expert project teams that deliver high-value, measurable results by working collaboratively with clients through a user-centered, technology-based and business-driven solutions methodology . We believe this approach enhances return-on-investment for our clients by significantly reducing the time and risk associated with designing and implementing eBusiness integration solutions. To learn more about Perficient's services, solutions, products, and locations go to www.perficient.com.
Perficient Inc - 23 months ago