Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers in the world. We own and operate nine retail sites, selling everything from baby needs (Diapers.com) to pet foods (Wag.com) to green and organic goods (Vine.com).
Our sites are host to millions of daily visitors and our warehouses are run by hundreds of autonomous robots. We sell and ship more stuff before breakfast than most e-commerce sites do all year.
Needless to say, our customers are crazy about us, and the feeling is mutual. Our entire operation, from our websites and apps to our fulfillment centers to our customer care center, is rabidly focused on creating a marvelous end-to-end customer experience.
This position is for a senior Java web engineer looking to architect, build, and deliver impressive mobile web experiences.
Growing mobile engagement is a core strategic goal for the company and mobile is its fastest growing channel. You will be part of the small but dangerous Quidsi Mobile team, owners of all of Quidsi’s iPhone, iPad, and Android apps. We also manage the mobile-optimized versions of our main sites.
- You know that strongly-typed languages are not for the weak.
- You are passionate about technology and the pursuit of the perfect user experience, but:
- You know when the right solution isn’t necessarily the technical one.
- You shop on your phone and know how it could be done better.
- “View Page Source” is second nature to you.
- You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions.
- You never send an inappropriate HTTP response code.
- You are looking for projects that wow.
- You sanitize your input and your output.
- Design and architect new mobile sites and new features for Quidsi’s mobile solutions.
- Work closely with product and user experience to deliver Quidsi site experiences to iPhones, Androids, and other mobile devices.
- Implement mobile web applications that are functional, beautiful, and a pleasure to use.
- Propose, prototype, and evaluate areas of optimization for our e-commerce applications and mobile-optimized sites.
- Build and deliver secure, scalable, and low-latency services and mobile applications.
- Meet with marketing and merchandising stakeholders to define functional solutions for business problems.
- 6+ years professional Java software development experience
- Expertise in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, meet firm deadlines, and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Deep knowledge of the Java platforms, core frameworks, and popular 3rd-party libraries
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Proven experience architecting large, complex software solutions with an eye toward security and scalability
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Spring MVC framework and FreeMarker template engine
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles coupled with a “Don’t make me think” understanding of usability
- Android platform development experience
- API/backend development experience
- Threat modeling and security analysis at the design, code, and testing levels
Quidsi Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon.com - 30+ days ago
Quidsi is the fastest growing e-commerce company in the country and parent of Diapers.com (baby care) and Soap.com (health, beauty and house...