The Android Engineer Intern will gain invaluable experience in Android development, Java and Android application framework. This internship offers the unique opportunity to acquire a deep understanding of application development on the Android platform.
At Grooveshark, we believe everyone should have access to the music they love. You will be joining a dedicated, energetic team of people who are looking to change the face of the music industry and who wholeheartedly support open music. We want passionate individuals who believe in our mission and who will contribute new and creative solutions to our cause.
Here’s what you can expect from your internship:
- To become familiar with Android Development and the Android application framework
- Create new features and improve upon existing ones
- Improve your Java understanding and skills
- Participation at an absolute minimum of 15 hours per week, but remember, the more effort you put in, the more you will get out of this
- Experience with Java, Android application development and the Android application framework
- Have one or more Android apps that showcases your work
- A desire to learn, and learn quickly
- A sense of self-reliance and the ability to manage your time wisely, without guidance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and work well with a team
- A desire to work in mobile development
- Experience in using advanced Android features and dealing with multi-threading on Android
- Experience with all levels of the Android OS, API, the lifecycle, and Android’s interaction flow
- Experience with version control software especially git or other dvcs systems
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design patterns and architecture.
- A strong understanding of data-structures and SQL
- Be familiar with synchronization primitives, object state management, atomicity, visibility guarantees, concurrent data structures, thread pools, task granularity, safe field-publishing, intents, cursors, activities, services, fragments, loaders, AsyncTasks, views of all shapes and sizes, JSON and XML
- Experience on other mobile platforms
- Familiar with the Gradle build system
- Experience with native development or OpenGL
***Note: This is an unpaid internship***
- An open-plan office, encouraging exposure to different teams at Grooveshark.
- Access to the Sound Bites cafe, where you can eat free!
- Free or discounted social events, shows
- Flexible hours
- Access to almost every video game console ever created
- Access to our jam room (Play any instruments? You’ll probably find them in here)
Grooveshark is an ecosystem that brings together music fans, bands, music labels, and brands. With more than 20 million users sharing over 15 million files, Grooveshark is one of the largest on-demand music services on the Internet. Along with providing free streaming music for our users, Grooveshark is also an instrument for artists, labels, and brands to develop new revenue sources from their music.
Grooveshark.com is an online service that rewards you for sharing, reviewing, and discovering new music. , Come take a dip.