Android Engineer |
Fanhattan is a service that inspires you to discover all the world°s entertainment. Launched at All Things Digita in June 2011, Fanhattan brings a new approach to entertainment discovery by helping you browse all the world°s movies and TV shows with a simple and elegant user experience – in the living room, on the web, and on the go. The service encourages exploration by combining movies and TV shows with an expansive world of related content, visual assets, and information pulled from the web that bring entertainment to life. Finally, Fanhattan gives you the most comprehensive set of options on where to find the entertainment you want across the top digital media providers - Netflix, Hulu Plus, iTunes, VUDU, and ABC. The Fanhattan iPad app is now live in the App Store. Expect more platforms soon, and join us now to play a pivotal role as we evolve and grow the Fanhattan service. For more information, you can check out our website (http://fanhattan.com) and our press: http://www.delicious.com/fanhattan.
The software developer will be part of a team building the Android application for Fanhattan TV. Develop, test, and release new features as well as maintain existing ones in a fast-moving agile test-driven development environment.
Nice to haves:
- Object-oriented programming skills in Java
- Experience in multi-threading
- Experience in performance analysis and optimization
- Experience in graphics user interactive interfaces
- Experience in server-client architecture and HTTP stack
- Knowledge of computer architecture and operating systems
- Knowledge of data structures
If digital entertainment is your passion, Fanhattan is for you: an obsession for user experience, disruptive technology, high-profile investors, an experienced team of designers, engineers, and executives from both the technology and entertainment industries. Fanhattan is headquartered 3,000 miles away from the East Side of Manhattan, in downtown San Mateo.
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent (or substantial experience)
- Experience in using OpenGL ES in Android with animations
- Experience in developing live video streaming application with HLS
- Experience in integrating DRM stack
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Adapting to new technologies quickly as needed
- Keen attention to detail
Fanhattan - 24 months ago