The Android Engineer will be responsible for the Millennial Media Android SDK as well as internal and external mobile applications. The Android Engineer will be a key team member helping to deliver regular SDK improvements and bug fixes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, write, debug and test new versions of our SDKs for the Android platform
- Work on a code base with other developers and coordinate on design and implementation decisions
- Contribute to technical specs and other internal documentation as needed
- Build internal support applications for other departments as required
- Strong understanding of MVC pattern and underlying Android frameworks
- Working knowledge of garbage collection and JVM
- Strong understanding of network requests and REST API's
- Strong understanding of application lifecycle states and transitions
- Strong understanding of various Android classes for audio, video, SMS a plus
- Self-directed and can work efficiently in a small ad-hoc team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or related field required
- 2+ years of application development experience for mobile and/or desktop environments required
- 2 + Experience with UNIX/Mac OS X required
- 1+ year development experience on Android platform using Java required
- Experience with native app development on iOS, BlackBerry or Windows Phone 7 a plus
- Experience with unit and/or integration testing a plus
- Experience with 1 or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Shell Script) a plus
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Millennial Media is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer .