Begin your next big adventure with uShip! uShip is the world’s largest and most trusted shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book upfront quotes, name their own price or receive auction-style bids from 300,000 customer-reviewed Transportation Service Providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. Since launching uShip in 2004, our mission has been to be the world’s leading online solution for shipping anything, anytime, anywhere. We are passionate about empowering buyers and providers of transportation services to efficiently conduct business on an unbiased, transparent and competitive platform.
uShip is seeking talented individuals to join our team as a full time Android Mobile Developer. This individual will be a part of the uShip Development team, which is charged with helping to build and grow the uShip website and marketplace. If you are a motivated, smart, and driven individual who wants to work in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment with outstanding career and growth opportunities, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Develop mobile applications for the Android platform
- Work directly with the Development leads and implement product initiatives
- Program and implement new functionality within the applications in accordance with project deadlines and through effective interaction with the Product Development team
- Modify existing applications to improve performance, etc...
You've got a better chance if:
- 3-5 years of professional development experience
- 1+ years of professional Android mobile development experience
- Strong understanding of the Java and Android APIs
- Knowledgeable on Android Components with a preference for Fragments over Activities
- Strong experience with SOA and web services, specifically REST and JSON
- Ability to take a concept and go with little direct technical supervision
- Experience in Agile scrum development process
**Please, NO third party applicants. We are unable to provide sponsorship or work with candidates represented by a third party at this time**
- You've launched apps to the Google market
- You thoroughly understand Android’s Design Guidelines
- Have created custom Views and ViewGroups
- Done continuous integration
- Use testing frameworks (Robolectric, Robotium, Mockito)
- You can passionately debate both sides of the native vs. mobile web debate
uShip - 10 months ago