Apply for Android Systems Engineer
Systems Engineering plays a vital role in determining product requirements for development engineering. The Sr. Staff Systems Engineer has responsibility for engaging customers, analyzing customer needs, eliciting customer feedback, channeling customer requirements, and managing technology as it relates to understanding standards, and generating specifications. A significant amount of interfacing will be required to conduct meetings with various departments and help scope strategy for features and products. The Sr. Staff Systems Engineer has responsibility for all features of a product and related customer communications. Expected to have broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to the development of company objectives and principles, and contribute to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
· Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
· 10+ years related software or systems engineering experience with wireless emphasis; and/or experience in software development environment
· Experience on embedded systems development and integration of software and hardware
· Work experience with programming languages C, C++, Java, PERL a plus
· Work experience with embedded OS such as Android or other platforms
· Good working knowledge of the industry wireless telecommunications standards and features
· Experience with system modeling, utilizing DOORS, or other tools for requirements maintenance
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
· Work with cross functional group in the front-end definition and analysis of requirements and architecture for features supporting a wide range of product tiers and customers
· Work with Product Planning to determine product specifications
· Engage customers for requirements and channeling through to development teams
· Define use cases, capture missing requirements, and write specifications
· Subject matter expert in one or many areas of applications, services, protocols
· Understanding of chipset capabilities, knowledge of HW/SW integration
· Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
· Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups
The Systems Engineering group interfaces directly with customers in order to determine customer requirements, and then interfaces with the Engineering development team in Japan to ensure that customer requirements are integrated into our products. The candidate should have a development background, but development work will not be a part of this job. We absolutely need someone with Android development experience for this role. I believe we need Android OS experience and we can confirm in the call with the hiring manager. Strong interpersonal skills are also required as this is a customer facing role.
Global Network Recruiting - 11 months ago
To really know a person IRIS International doesn't look deep into their eyes. Instead, the company manufactures automated in-vitro...