An Animal Care Steward is responsible for the day-to-day care of the shelter animals and cleaning of the shelter, as defined by policies determined by the shelter’s manager and Board of Directors. Main job responsibilites include cleaning animal areas, administering food and medications, and transporting animals to and from vet appointments. All applicants must have an insured car and a valid driver’s license. Given that we are a small organization with limited resources, we expect all animal care stewards to be courteous, helpful and respectful to fellow staff, volunteers, and visitors; have attention to detail; the ability to learn and adjust to procedure changes quickly; and good communication skills.
This is a full-time, paid position eligible for Health/Dental Benefits; Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave; Casual Dress.
- Clean animal areas – including bedding, food/water bowls, and litterboxes
- Feed animals
- Administer medications
- Drive animals to and from vet appointments
- Unload and organize food and supply deliveries
- Keep the shelter clean and organized
- Clearly communicate questions and concerns to shelter management
- Past experience with rabbits or other small, exotic mammals a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Insured car and a valid driver's license
- Prior experience working with animals in a professional setting
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Live within reasonable driving distance
Red Door Animal Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Red Door Animal Shelter - 6 months ago