- Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Monitors daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations, animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Maintains accurate records of animal breeding, health, and housing/isolator or support areas as required by Institute and facility.
- Assists with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as assigned by the on-site Supervisor or facility veterinarian.
- Strictly follows all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas or semi-rigid isolator environments, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
- Receives, inspects and puts away incoming animals; ensures and provides for sentinel animals in each rodent housing area.
- May be involved in strictly maintaining and following breeding and weaning procedures to ensure appropriate production levels.
- Operates equipment and uses supplies according to safety guidelines; performs general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Maintains required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels in order to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Experience: One year of animal husbandry experience.
· Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Assistant Technician (ALAT) level preferred OR achievement of ALAT certification within one year of assignment required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Charles River Laboratories - 17 months ago
Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical products....