All Pet Complex located in Boise, ID is seeking to hire an Animal Care Technician (ACT) is responsible for the daily care and monitoring of patients, hospital cleaning and sanitation, and the management of pet food and housekeeping inventory.
This is a full time position; scheduled days and hours may vary based on hospital need. Overtime and weekend work is possible. This position requires standing for long periods of time and some heavy lifting may be involved.
The ACT reports to the Hospital Manager.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary facility by adhering to hospital protocols and housekeeping schedules.
- Clean and sanitize hospital equipment and work areas.
- Perform general custodial work such as sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, cleaning kitchen, restrooms, dusting, restocking, etc.
- Clean and sanitize hospital equipment.
- Wash, dry and store laundry (surgical, grooming, kennel, etc.)
- Assist with inventory management.
- Secure facility and activate/deactivate alarm system.
- Assist Hospital Manager with special projects during slow times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and calm demeanor with all clients and team members.
- Be knowledgeable about pet foods and over-the-counter products and be able to clearly and accurately answer client questions.
- Provides boarding clients with a report card of their pets’ stay.
On the day of discharge, gathers all of the pet’s personal belongings for the client
- Ensure all animals are kept clean and comfortable throughout their stay.
- Walk, feed and water boarding pets.
- Keep pet’s personal items labeled, neatly stored and have ready to go at the front counter on the day of discharge.
- Clean and sanitize all cages and kennels including bedding, feed containers, water bowls and litter boxes.
- Ability to identify signs of aggression in animal in order to modify restraint technique so as to minimize the stress to the animal while remaining safe.
- Safely and humanely restrain animals for exam, sample collection and treatment.
- Read and interpret patient chart for any special instructions
- Under the supervision of a CVT or AHT, medicate boarding animals and feed and water hospitalized patients.
- Ability to read medical record for pertinent information as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Accurately document patient status and medicine administered in the medical chart.
- Escalates any patient health concerns to a Veterinary Technician or Veterinarian in a timely manner.
- Basic veterinary medical knowledge is desired
- Telephone etiquette
- English language
- Client service and interpersonal skills
- Patient restraint techniques
- Reading and interpreting patient charts and treatment sheets (travel/circle sheets)
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, E-mail, and AVImark experience preferred)
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
- Professional and courteous
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Adherence to procedures and protocols
- Works well in team environment
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- High school degree preferred
- Prior kennel experience not required but is a plus
National Veterinary Associates
- 2 years ago - save job