The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Located in the scenic Hudson River valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premier performing arts center, and recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
Direct Deposit is required
Receives and shelters animals brought to Morgan Farm for boarding. Observes animals and notifies supervisor of abnormal appearance. Feeds animals taking care to measure food portions according to feeding instructions. Keeps records on animals in the facility. Assists other workers to restrain and treat animals.
Cleans and disinfects animal feeding utensils and pen areas. Maintains stock of cleaning materials and other items used. Mows grass and cleans yard of animal litter. Clears drains in runs. Empties garbage. May be required to operate a motor vehicle to transport supplies. The position involves working primarily with horses, cleaning kennels and stalls, there is no lab or office work involved.
Skills and Knowledge: Ability to recognize obvious changes to the normal appearance and activities of animals. Ability to handle animals and clean work areas.
Responsibility: Performs assigned tasks independently.
Physical Effort: Frequently lift and carry items and animals weighing over 70 pounds. Moderate effort is required to operate power washing and mowing equipment.
Working Conditions: Exposed to unpleasant odors and noises, animal bites, scratches and contagious diseases. May he required to wear protective equipment.
1. Be physically able to lift and carry heavy items weighing over 70 pounds.
2. Stand and walk for long periods of time.
3. Possess a valid motor vehicle operator's permit.
4. Be able to follow complex written instructions.
5. Be able to maintain animal care records.
Prior experience and working knowledge of horses is highly preferred.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Highly preferred criteria, Knowledge and Skill in Animal Caretaking and Communication and Teamwork Skills.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
This position will be filled as Flexible. Flexible positions are not entitled to NAF benefits or leave accurals.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 15 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...