Under general supervision, enforces leash laws and regulations pertaining to animal control.
Examples of Duties:
• Answers complaints and requests for service concerning a variety of animal control problems;
• Patrols the city in search of animals in violation of animal control ordinances;
• Picks up and transports animals in violation to the City's animal shelter;
• Loads and unloads animals at the animal shelter;
• Picks up dead animals in the city and disposes of them as required by law;
• Assists in disposal of animals as required by law;
• Prepares animal control activity reports and related incident reports ;
• Issues citations and testifies in court as needed;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED; and
• Six months experience in the care and handling of animals; or
• An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of (or ability to learn quickly):
• City ordinances and regulations relating to animal control;
• the geography and layout of the City.
• operating assigned equipment.
• handle large and/or vicious animals;
• learn animal behavior and common diseases of animals;
• meet and deal tactfully with the public;
• communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• prepare reports;
• work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
Valid North Carolina driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...