This position provides behavioral rehabilitation, evaluation, and enrichment to dogs at the Rehabilitation Center.
- Implement behavior modification, training and enrichment protocols
- Assist in the adjustment of protocols as needed to maximize dogs’ rehabilitation progress
- Conduct behavior evaluations to assess and track dogs’ rehabilitation progress
- Provide continual feedback on dogs’ behavior and rehabilitation progress to Center staff and supervisors through rounds, data reporting, meetings and discussion.
- Collect and report data on a daily basis to measure and monitor dogs’ rehabilitation progress
- Provide detailed and objective information to supervisors as necessary for disposition decisions
- Minimum 2 years experience is required handling dogs displaying fear issues and defensive aggression
- Experience working with under-socialized dogs with extreme fear issues is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge regarding canine behavior, training and behavioral modification using primarily reward-based techniques
The successful candidate should acknowledge and accept that this position requires very close work with very behaviorally compromised animals, and provision of information that will be used to make disposition decisions including, at times, euthanasia.
- Safe and humane dog handling skills
- Familiarity with behavior modification and training procedures
- Meticulous behavioral data collection and reporting skills
- Ability to accurately enter data into database programs such as Excel, FileMaker or Access after basic training from supervisor.
- Very good computer skills
- Good team player
- Ability to instruct and supervise people
- Excellent communication skills with people, enjoy working with people
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good customer service
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off
ASPCA - 10 months ago
This group watches out for Fidos, Fluffies, and other furry friends all across the country. The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention...