Job Posting |
To draw blood and inoculate immunogen into designated large and small animals to produce antisera and other blood products. Assure compliance with in the animal facility according to USDA and other regulatory agencies.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform blood draws on specific species according to protocol and client request.
• Daily observation of animal health status.
• Record keeping of all species sanitation logs
• Assist with the receiving of animals into the animal facility.
• Assist with the operation of autoclave.
• Adhere to strict SOP’s, assist with review and update of applicable SOP’s
• Identify and confirm client requirements.
• Understand the care and husbandry requirements of the animals according to the Guide
• Assist with animal and supply inventories
• Assist with laundry detail for work area.
• Monitor all traffic and material entering the building.
• Stock supplies for building.
• Perform various types of inoculations on all species with assistance
• Cleaning of buildings, cages, walls, floors, and daily clean-up of designated work areas. Including barrier shower facility
• Daily feeding of all species.
• Assist with projects under the Bio-Safety Cabinet or laminar flow hood.
• Must be able to receive training with specific animals, such as: Non-human primates, swine, canines, and ferrets, felines in addition to rodents, rabbits and guinea pigs.
• GLP/FDA training.
• Weekend/ holiday feeding duties.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• AALAS Certified helpful
• Some computer skills.
• Consistent work history
• Experience in the Animal Care industries helpful.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...