POSITION OVERVIEW: The Annual Giving Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a robust annual giving program for KIPP Austin Public Schools. The Annual Giving Manager will work closely with the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement, the Grants and Communication Manager, and the Board of Directors to provide outreach, events, and activities to create and build a strong annual giving program to support the organization’s annual operating budget. The Manager will work cooperatively in developing a program that effectively complements the Major Giving program.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual gifts or multi-year pledges to KIPP Austin from a variety of donors including friends, members of the board, leaders in the communities we serve, volunteers, and the KIPP Austin community of teachers, staff and parents
• Develop a compelling case statement for annual support; effectively articulate KIPP Austin’s mission, vision and impact
• Build and maintain meaningful relationships with annual giving donors and prospects through personal/written/phone contact
• Devise a cultivation and solicitation program involving email, mail, phone, open houses, tours, events and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual giving to support the organization’s annual operating budget
• Manage volunteer fundraisers on a newly-formed young professional council, KIPP Austin Community Partnership Council.
• Develop and implement retention and donor upgrade strategies
• Manage a prospect pool with annual goals for personal visits and giving outcomes
• Create, develop and execute a sustainable volunteer component within annual giving
• Coordinate with the Grants and Communication Manager to ensure the department’s communication program supports annual giving, including the development of an annual giving case statement, annual report, solicitations, acknowledgements, collateral materials, website content, social media and video
• Participate as an active and visible member of the KIPP Austin community in network-wide events, school events, student performances, athletic games, the annual pennant ceremony, etc.
Annual Giving Manager candidates will have the following:
• The position requires a Bachelor’s degree and three to five years professional fundraising experience within a nonprofit environment
• Strong fundraising and event management skills
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to a diverse group of donors, volunteers and colleagues
• Highly organized; manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
• Highly motivated and self-directed learner with a “whatever it takes” attitude
• High degree of professionalism and discretion
• Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising databases
• Knowledge of Austin fundraising landscape
All KIPP Austin staff members demonstrate the following:
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community
• A clear, authentic and transparent sense of your strengths and weaknesses as a professional; an ability to easily adjust tone
• Demonstrate a commitment to continue professional development individually
• Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
• Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered, as well as a performance bonus program.
- 2 years ago - save job