This position is responsible for the overall leadership and management of internal sales teams within the Bank and Wirehouse Channels. Responsibilities include monitoring and enhancing the quality and effectiveness of sales support, reviewing sales and activity related reports, and assisting in the development and delivery of employee training. This position manages the internal wholesaling staff through internal Sales Managers. This position reports to the VP, Internal Sales.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Integrating and aligning sales plans with available processes, IT systems, talent and other areas in order to increase the capability and success of sales force
Managing the performance and activities of the entire sales staff, including managers and Regional Sales Consultants
Creating training and development programs for the internal sales teams
Maximizing work relationships with key wholesale, relationship management, and marketing partners
Communicating brand identity internally to pertinent key business partners
Additional Leadership Requirements of This Position
- Coach and develop internal sales associates and management team
- Proposes and/or implements channel strategy in consultation with the National Sales Manager and develops channel tactics
- Represent both channel and Internal Sales on project committees and cross channel programs
- Ensure the consistency and timely execution of the Company's sales and marketing messages
- Effectively and in a timely manner, properly staff the sales need of the Company
- Work with Prudential Annuities Center for Sales Excellence by sharing information, development programs/designs, planning, training and needs to the Internal Sales
- Provide weekly status to executive management for reporting on channel activity metrics
- Overall responsibility for management of sales teams including development, training, and appraisals
- Leads channel to implement best practice sales techniques including CRM in a way that enhances sales effectiveness
- Ability to be a change agent
- Ability to manage multiple channels and locations and build virtual teams
- Must solve for legacy internal management challenges
- Ability to assist NSM in culture transformation of Channels with new DSM structure
- Proactively identifies opportunities in one Channel and is able to share and parlay those across other Channels
Minimum of 10 years experience in sales and management with track record of increasing roles of responsibilities
Demonstrated ability to manage and execute a business plan
Demonstrated leadership characteristics including building effective teamwork and team cohesion, building relationships, influencing positively and mentoring
Proven knowledge of the Financial Services industry and products.
Demonstrated knowledge of successful sales and management skills
Excellent coaching, development and training skills
Proven and confident presentation skills and presence
In-depth business acumen
FINRA Series 6 or 7, 63, and 26
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Yes, 25% of the time
Prudential - 13 months ago
Prudential Financial companies serve individual and institutional customers worldwide and include The Prudential Insurance Company of Americ...