TITLE: ANNUITIES MARKETING CONSULTANT
LOCATION: MASSMUTUAL – 100 Bright Meadow Blvd.
COMPANY MASSMUTUAL FINANCIAL GROUP
Chartered in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (“MassMutual” or the “Company”) is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The Company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, paying dividends to eligible participating policyholders every year since the 1860s. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major subsidiaries include OppenheimerFunds, Inc., Babson Capital Management LLC, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC, Baring Asset Management Limited and First Mercantile Trust Company.
MassMutual Financial Group (“MMFG”) is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MMFG is a global, diversified financial services organization providing life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services, annuities, investment management, mutual funds and trust services to individual and institutional investors. With whole life insurance as its foundation, the company’s strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term. MassMutual, or its subsidiaries, also have operations in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
MassMutual has maintained some of the highest financial strength ratings in any industry, and is committed to maintaining a position of preeminent financial strength by achieving consistent, long-term profitable growth. In total, MassMutual worldwide insurance in-force was $532 billion at the end of 2009, and assets under management were $420 billion. Premium and other deposits totaled $27 billion for 2009. MassMutual is ranked 93 on the Fortune 500 list and was also named one of Fortunes “Most Admired” companies.
Life Company Marketing
To ensure alignment with sales plans and USIG marketing objectives the Consultant is responsible for coordinating and interfacing with MML’s manufacturing, sales and training organizations. Such alignment is critical to ensure that marketing efforts are relevant and able to be implemented effectively.
The successful Consultant will bring concepts, solutions and programs to life in an actionable way to drive incremental core life insurance and to facilitate sales of other solutions to our clients. His or her influence and share of knowledge will benefit from and contribute to our customer marketing initiatives and competitive insight capabilities.
Job Responsibilities & REQUIREMENTS:
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
- Works with guidance on more complex projects
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
- Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
- Individual typically has at least 5-7 yrs of related experience
strategies ensuring “buy in” from all key partners including but not limited to, Marketing, Agency Sales & Distribution,
- Development - Coordinate with management and all members of product marketing team to define objectives, metrics, agent /client segments and sales goals. Drive product-marketing team’s development of sales concept packages by maintaining project plan and creatively executing collateral development.
- Communication Standards - Define, build and maintain best practices and ‘templates’ for core product marketing communications and promotional events. Provide ongoing oversight by partnering with the core product marketing teams assuring adherence to these standards in the development of critical marketing collateral and venues including, but not limited to Field Releases, Field Conference Calls, Wholesaler Conference calls, Enterprise Periodicals, Agency and Departmental Presentations.
- Partnership & Influence - Ensure and coordinate a cross-functional “team” approach to developing targeted marketing
Individual Product Management, New Business, Underwriting, Legal and Compliance
- Positioning - Understand, apply and encourage adoption of brand guidelines consistently. Ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing strategic priorities. Define materials and communication events needed to support MML’s value proposition in a manner that will influence field managers, agents, and HO partners to ensure success. Ensure that all positioning is optimized for intended producer segments.
- Launch - Orchestrate timing and delivery of communications with maximum attention to detail to assure maximum impact in priority segments. Ensure marketing team utilizes all appropriate media outlets in a “surround sound” fashion to ensure priority segments receive messages.
- Implementation - Aggressively manage the project plan to assure product marketing field management, IT, new business, compensation, creative services and all home office partners align their infrastructure to support the campaign to achieve desired sales results.
- Tracking & Analysis - Define critical sales reporting business requirements and metrics. Direct Sales Reporting, financial management and IT to accurately measure the ongoing progress of initiatives. Measure and analyze business results of marketing initiatives and recommend strategic adjustments to Senior Marketing Management
- Life Marketing Experience
- Field sales experience
- Management experience
- Outstanding writing and presentation building skills
- Solid working knowledge of advanced sales concepts
- Strong applied knowledge of all life products, particularly whole life
- An applied understanding of the career agency system
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and visually
- Intimate knowledge of product sales illustration systems
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- CLU, ChFC, CFP designations a plus
- Provide a portfolio to demonstrate writing and presentation skills
§ Focus on the Customer . Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
§ Act with Integrity : Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards, adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
§ Value People . Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
§ Work Collaboratively . Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
§ Achieve Results . Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition.
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
If you would like to apply to this position please click on the URL and enter the job post number nc50492535 using the “Keyword Search” function.
In addition, if you would like to learn more about MassMutual, please visit www.massmutual.com .
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We welcome all persons to apply.
If you feel you need an accommodation to apply for one of our open positions, please contact us at (413) 744-6825.
Monster - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
MassMutual's business structure is built to support its mutual ownership. MassMutualâ€™s strategic investments in...