Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
Works with Supervisor to implement department and group goals for production staff, including schedule, cost, and quality, to improve production throughput, and to improve production efficiency and quality through Lean Manufacturing and 5S. Plans daily and weekly activities, assignments, and projects for production personnel, enforcing all company policy and procedures. Assists in training production staff.
• Issues assignments to production personnel and moves resources on production floor to meet schedule demands, under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor. Works with planners and manufacturing process engineers to revise operation lead times and production schedule to meet required manufacturing completion dates.
• Interprets engineering and manufacturing documentation for workers as required.
• Prepares, collects and maintains reports such as job status, units shipped, units built, rework hours and monthly squawks for daily, weekly, and monthly department production reports.
• Works with supervisor and other leads to cross-train personnel and evaluate staff performance.
• Substitutes for absent workers or assists workers to alleviate work overload.
• Explains and demonstrates manufacturing procedures and techniques to workers as lessons learned when corrective actions or excessive squawks are issued; documents training completed by staff.
• Verifies that production personnel are properly performing their assigned tasks, that quality procedures are being followed and that manufacturing requirements are being achieved.
• Recommends improvements in methods, procedures and/or equipment to achieve or exceed committed goals of quality and quantity of product being produced.
• Responsible for maintaining 5S requirements and a clean and safe work environment.
• Ability to perform in a team environment with good interpersonal skills. Provides leadership to and/or technical guidance to other assemblers.
• Proficient computer skills to access released drawings, operate Clear Orbit and Windchill.
• Must be able to work in a changing fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must be able to meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
• Must be able to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
• Must be able to maintain safe, clean and organized work areas.
• Must be able to learn new skills when presented new information.
• Must be capable of reading, understanding and following instructions, written or verbal.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Minimum of ten years of related experience.
Panasonic - 9 months ago