Assistant Principal Pool Applications
Greeley-Evans School District 6 seeks school leaders as assistant principals who are focused on the academic growth of each student. Our assistant principals lead their schools in a system that is building high levels of success through learning, growth, and achievement. As a key member of the schools' leadership team, our assistant principals enable courageous conversations and data-driven collaboration about assessment, instruction, and student achievement. Furthermore, we expect our assistant principals to be "principals-in-training," with enhanced training and professional development opportunities catered to growing leadership experiences.
Successful assistant principals in Greeley-Evans School District 6
- Provide quick, dramatic, and sustained change in the performance of the school.
- Lead staff and the school community through the change process with confidence.
- Analyze data to inform decisions, making clear, logical plans, and ensuring a strong connection between school learning goals and the classroom professional practices.
- Focus on outcomes, data, and achievement.
- Engage the staff in authentic academic experiences that involve real leadership of adults on behalf of students.
- Model examples of leadership actions coupled with multiple opportunities to practice.
- Establish strong networks to provide regular and ongoing feedback that also includes a coaching model.
- Motivate others and influence their thinking and behavior to obtain results.
Anticipated Assistant Principal (Pool)
Posted: January 14, 2014
Deadline for application
: Until filled
Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and based on experience and training.
Nature and Scope of Job
The assistant principal will be a member of the administrative team. General responsibilities include directly supporting the principal in the day-to-day management of all aspects of operating a comprehensive school, including promoting the academic achievement and educational well-being of each student.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training
Understands that the position of assistant principal is an integral part of a career ladder experience that prepares one for the position of school principal. Knowledge and skills sufficient to perform all duties of the position. Prefers leadership situations relating to meeting the social, emotional, psychological and academic needs of students. Prefers a work environment where flexibility, ability to deal with conflict, a high tolerance for stress, an ability to quickly internalize information and make informed decision, and long hours are a part of the assignment. Demonstrates an ability to communicate well both orally and in writing to various audiences, and has the potential or ability to lead or facilitate groups. Knowledge of Colorado and district content standards.
- Must hold a Master's degree
- Holds or is eligible to hold a license with a Principal endorsement and meets appropriate Colorado Department of Education licensure requirements.
- Successful completion of CPI training preferred.
- The understanding that participation in structured, administrative staff development is a requirement for this assignment.
- Computer literacy skills are required.
- Bilingual skills are preferred.
Essential Job Functions
• Serves as building administrator in the absence of the principal.
• Assists the principal with the overall leadership of the school.
• Demonstrates instructional leadership through a cycle of continuous improvement by effectively planning, implementing, scheduling, monitoring, and evaluating the instructional program through the unified improvement plan.
• Assistant principals must be effective leaders of the change process.
• Establishes performance goals for the building, prioritizes activities to achieve the highest benefit relative to inputs, and works to meet goals using direct action, staffing, and other available resources.
• Supervises student conduct within the schools, oversees disciplinary procedures, and maintains records of any disciplinary action.
• Assists the principal with staff appraisal and evaluation.
• Supervises the enrollment of students, and the preparation of class and individual student schedules, and assists the principal with building the master schedule.
• Utilizes technological resources to promote the instructional process, as well as to meet administrative needs.
• Oversees the assessment of students and serves as the school assessment coordinator and presents recommendations to the principal.
• Assists with the preparation of parent, staff and student handbooks, grade reporting, student records and other school documents.
• Assists the principal and staff in the establishment of budget priorities and makes appropriate recommendations to the principal.
• Coordinates duty assignments for staff.
• Works with the principal in facilitating advisory committees, addressing committee needs and in compiling appropriate data, information or reports.
• Administers school procedures regarding attendance and supervises preparation of necessary reports.
• Assists, or represents, the principal with faculty or community groups.
• Participates in representative groups that consider and make personnel recommendations to the principal.
• Schedules extracurricular activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Weld County School District - 5 months ago