Responsible and accountable for on-site operations and performance of a specific apartment community or self storage property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
·Direct property operations and staff in the most cost effective manner.
· Develop and manage annual budget.
· Maintain occupancy levels according to budget.
· Hire staff, manage performance of staff and address all employee relation issues.
· Manage, motivate and develop staff.
· Process new applications, re-certifications and provide required information to compliance.
·Maintain compliance policies and procedures.
·Supervise rent collection, rent ledgers, bank deposits and petty cash records.
· Pursue delinquent rents and evictions and provide required information to collection company.
· Provide account information to the Regional Supervisor.
· Direct all marketing and leasing activities and maintain targeted occupancy.
· Supervise resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
· Supervise the maintenance staff, repairs, preventive maintenance and improvements.
·Supervise all landscaping, lawn care and snowplowing activities.
·Work with the Regional Supervisor to develop, monitor and achieve annual budget objectives.
·Show apartments to prospective residents.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
LIHTC (Section 42) Experience Preferred
·High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
·1 year of experience
· CAM, ARM or similar recommended.
Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret rules, procedures, routine reports/correspondence and to speak effectively with groups of employees and/or residents.
·Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems that involve concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills - Intermediate experience with MS Office. Intermediate experience with property management software.
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. - 17 months ago