The Community Manager reports to the Regional Property Manager, Area Manager, or Senior Community Manager. The Community Manager is responsible for the overall administration, compliance and maintenance of the property while maintaining 100% occupancy. Directs and controls all personnel on site and physical necessary to operate all aspects of the property.
- Ensure resident files are maintained in accordance with Compliance and Property Management policies and regulations.
- Handles marketing and advertising for vacancies in accordance with properties Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan.
- Maintains property waiting list in accordance with Tenant Selection Plan.
- Process applications for housing in accordance with properties affordable housing covenants.
- Prepare Applications for Deposit Refund.
- Maintains petty cash in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares deposits for banking.
- Posts resident payments into Yardi in a timely manner.
- Prepares management required month end reports.
- Is responsible for maintaining work orders and posting on Yardi.
- Prepares monthly site inspection report for management.
- Orders office and maintenance supplies in accordance with approved property budget.
- Working as a cohesive team with maintenance personnel to ensure vacancies turn times are met.
- Prepares employee evaluations.
- Train new onsite employees.
- Handles disciplinary issues with staff as necessary.
- Manages uncollectable account receivables and works closely with collection agencies.
- Keeps resident ledgers accurate and works diligently with accounting to resolve any errors.
- Prepares all Notices within required established timelines to include, but not limited to Rent Increases, Late Rent, Notices to Quit, Warning Notices, and Recertification Notices.
- Respond to all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage ongoing positive relationships with all City staff and other local representatives.
- Maintain positive relationships with CORE internal departments.
- Process annual re-certifications within established timelines.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- Other duties as requested.
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds
- Organized and proficient at time management
- Be able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load
- Proficient in English language in verbal and written communications
- Perform complex or varied tasks
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- High school education or equivalent is needed with proficiency in both verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years working in property management in a comparable position, preferably affordable housing.
- Understanding and comprehension of budgeting.
- Minimum of two years working in a customer service environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- One to two years Supervisory experience.
- Understanding of basic banking practices.
- Yardi experience, working knowledge of Voyager.
- Basic bookkeeping and general mathematical principles.
* Affordable Housing Tax Credit Experience Required *
* This is an on-site position
National Core is an equal opportunity employer. Visit us at www.nationalcore.org
Indeed - 10 months ago