Concern for Independent Living, Inc. is a non-profit agency committed to helping individuals and families to live in the community with dignity and enhanced opportunities through the provision of housing and support services. We are one of the largest housing agencies of this kind in New York State, currently serving approximately 850 individuals and families in over 220 locations. Concern offers a variety of housing options with individualized support services designed to support personal growth and independence.
The Apartment Program Case Manager will be working for Concern's apartment treatment program and is responsible for providing case management services directly to clients. The Case Manager is considered a resource in that they should be familiar with community resources and services to which they may help their clients gain access and are also an advocate for their clients.
- Provide case management services (service planning, medication management, assistance in forming linkages and/or referrals to clinical services, day programs, vocational services and opportunities, community integration, entitlements etc.)
- Provide individual counseling and support services; responsible for all documentation.
- Housing services including assistance with maintenance issues.
- Provide daily living skills training.
- Provide site visits as needed and directed by Supervisor.
- Perform monthly fire safety inspections.
- Participate in resolution of landlord and lease issues, lease negotiations, monthly billing (non-payment).
- Attendance at weekly supervision and staff meetings.
- Provide specific on-site responsibilities: medication monitoring, oversight of client chores, help maintain safety and cleanliness of site.
- On call beeper coverage as needed.
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Rehabilitation, Social Work or other related mental health discipline, plus 2 years experience working in a similar setting and/or working with people with mental illnesses. The individual in this position must have good verbal and written communication skills as well the ability to make sound judgments regarding client care.
This position is based out of Medford, NY
Sunday-Thursday, various hours
Great benefits including medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, and pension! Visit www.concernhousing.org for more information.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidate will be subject to a background check including fingerprinting through the Office of Mental Health.
Concern for Independent Living - 5 months ago