Milestone Management is one of the country's largest residential property management firms, providing management services throughout the United States. The firm utilizes its in-house expertise to perform leasing, marketing, accounting, legal and financial analysis services. The company also focuses on asset value enhancement through capital improvements and strategic repositioning programs.
Milestone Management is the residential management arm of Milestone Apartments REIT, a publicly traded open-ended trust on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Headquartered in Dallas, Milestone Management maintains regional offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Jacksonville, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix and Tampa.
The Property Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the efficient day-to-day operations of an apartment community.
- High school education or equivalent.
- High degree of organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical skills (high school level) in order to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, etc.
- Possesses excellent communication and people skills.
- Competent ability with personal computer- Microsoft Office
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Two years’ apartment management experience preferred.
- College, Certified Apartment Manager or Accredited Residential Manager coursework preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment aptitude test.
- Inspects community daily to ensure pristine curb appeal and regular inspection of vacant and make ready apartments
- Reviews service requests daily to ensure timely completion and follow up.
- Directs and oversees all activities and responsibilities of community staff.
- Manages staff to include recruiting, training, counseling, motivation, evaluation, and termination.
- Prepares or supervises the timely and accurate preparation of all required reports and forms including Weekly Activity Report, daily bank deposits, monthly collection report and summary, delinquency reports, accounts payable, statement of deposit accounts, personnel forms, incident reports, and monthly market surveys.
- Enters or oversees activity into YARDI in relation to daily, weekly and monthly checklist.
- Prepares payroll reporting, verifies accuracy and approves all community associates’ timesheets.
- Review financial statements on a monthly basis with Regional Manager and prepares general ledger corrections.
- Communicates effectively and on a regular basis with Regional Manager to update him/her on community.
- Ensures orderly records are maintained on community in accordance with Milestone policy
- Must stay informed and comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Conducts annual inspection of all apartments.
- Adheres to Milestone guidelines for effectively purchasing supplies, maintaining expenses within budget and obtaining bids on appropriate community projects.
- Reviews, ensures accuracy and receipt of supplies and approves all invoices for payment.
- Ensures that Safety Program is followed by all staff members.
- Ensures that all community staff members adhere to company key policies.
- Maintains working knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management, i.e. fair housing, collections, evictions, towing and pool enclosures.
- Coordinates and participates in resident functions.
- Prepares quarterly community newsletter. (optional)
- Must always be courteous and helpful to residents, prospective residents and co-workers.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to make bank deposits, attend meetings,
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be available for overtime, weekend, holiday, and evening work.
- Must be willing to be assigned to other Milestone managed communities, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Managers and/or Area Director.
- Travel and overnight stays are required.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Milestone Management is one of the largest privately owned residential property management and investment companies in the U.S. Our...