Meeting with the Project Manager and communicating test roles and responsibilities to ensure all parties' expectations are established.
• Review the requirements & design documents to secure a high level understanding of the project.
• Work with Functional and Structural test groups to develop detailed test procedures for automated test analysis tools (both SAN and IP product diagnostic data analysis software).
• Ensure Test Strategy and Test Scripts are documented, reviewed and approved per the agreed upon timeline.
• Coordination and monitoring of actual testing activities with testers in multiple environments.
• Communication to all impacted applications if any testing activities are going to miss key dates.
• Assist training team with developing basic training documentation based upon the test plans/procedures.
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
o The candidate should have at least 2+ years of direct hands-on testing experience.
o Experience with Software Test plan and Software Test design preparation through review of engineering level documents, and execution of test cases throughout product development phases.
o Experience conducting manual testing of automated scripts (testing of automated testing analysis tools)
o Will work with other engineers and developers locally and abroad.
o Experience working with geographically disparate teams.
o The candidate must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
o Experience developing in-house tools/scripts to verify diagnostic analysis results.
o Knowledge and experience with Oracle 11.2 Client is required.
o Strong working knowledge and experience in Linux and MS Windows. Citrix is a plus.
o Strong working knowledge of Perl and C languages and FUSE is required.
o Technical debugging skills to assist in root cause analysis and optimize test configurations.
o Knowledge and experience with Storage Area Networks and Fibre-Channel protocols is desired.
o Knowledge and experience in Layer 1, Layer 2 (VLAN,STP, flavors of STP, PVST,LACP, etc), and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF,IS-IS,MPLS, VPLS, etc) is desired.
• Physical requirements:
o Frequent use of mouse and keyboard
o Frequent phone usage
o Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds
Perl & C are an absolute must have. FUSE is important and the candidate must have a basic understanding (not necessarily expert level) of the concepts and capabilities of this tool.
netPolarity - 12 months ago