The Leap Motion app store will be the best place to discover and experience Leap-enabled applications following our product launch in early 2013. As a central hub that connects our customers and third-party developers, the app store provides the foundation of our digital ecosystem; one that is critical to our business and one that will continue to evolve over time.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive the app store roadmap, and be responsible for planning and managing successful releases of app store features. The Product Manager will work cross-functionally with marketing and developer relations stakeholders, creative and technical leads, external vendors, and the Leap Motion leadership team. This role will report to the App Store Program Director.
The ideal candidate has a track record of demonstrating leadership in product and project management, and extensive experience delivering intermediate- to large-scale, cross-functional programs. He / she also has the ability to manage long-term roadmaps, while simultaneously delivering on shorter-term objectives and deliverables. Excellent organizational and communication skills are also a must.
- Product planning and forecasting: define scope, resources, timeline and budget for feature requests and larger releases
- Manage resource planning and staffing
- Own management of project schedules and drive project execution
- Develop strong partnerships with engineering and other functional leaders to drive strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery
- Monitor progress of work; identify risk factors and mitigation plans
- Work with cross-functional teams as needed to proactively identify potential internal and external conflicts
- Manage dependencies between multiple projects
- Establish metrics to measure the success of the program. Provide regular reports of progress to key stakeholders
- Drive continuous process improvement in the product planning, development, and launch pipeline
- 5-7 years of relevant product or program management experience, including experience with simultaneous management of multiple project teams
- Practical understanding of managing the life-cycle of software and web development programs
- Proven ability to analyze and organize inputs and outputs from internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with great interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Keen ability to identify, analyze, and mitigate risks
- Experience working with internal and external development teams
- Background in eCommerce, micro-transactions, or other app stores is preferred
- Experience with international expansion or global product rollouts a plus.
Leap Motion - 17 months ago