Provides technical support and analysis for business applications (proprietary and 3rd party), processes and interfaces which includes coordinating the resolution to business incidents and problems, maintaining and upgrading applications/systems, and is a point of contact between business and IT technical staff for production activities.This position will require collaboration and communication with the user community, internal and external business partners, application delivery teams, and IT infrastructure teams to deliver end-to-end system support and solutions.
• Applies information system knowledge to support applications and improve the cost effective utilization and support of insurance systems.
• Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution (when possible) of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications.
• Conducts root cause analysis to determine the root cause of incidents.
• Liaison with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents.
• Deployment of application upgrades and fixes.
• Responds to automated alerts on the health of systems.
• Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications.
• Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status.
• Adhere to ICW and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
• Effective ticket management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving tickets in a timely fashion.
• Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
5 + years of relevant technical or systems work experience, with a minimum of 3 years related experience in supporting business applications and processes. Knowledge of insurance and enterprise content management solutions a plus.
Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to analysis and problem solving. Must have highly effective team-oriented communication skills (oral, written, listening) and can present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Must be competent in reading, analyzing and interpreting technical industry-related journals and vendor related support documentation. Must be capable of coordinating and organizing input from various channels, perform negotiation, resolve conflicts and build consensus. Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets. Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, and apply it effectively.