The Appeals & Grievances Intake Specialist will be responsible for handling incoming documents to the Appeals & Grievances department; reading, interpreting, and organizing these documents; entering key information points into our tracking systems; assigning the documents or case to the Grievance Investigators or Appeals Nurses, as appropriate; and preparing documentation for external vendors.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable handling both paper and digital documents, speaking with providers regarding submitted documentation, and learning new software.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties or a Bachelor's degree is required
- Moderate proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications is required
- Health plan experience a major plus
- Medicare FFS/Managed Care experience a plus
- Experience with handling/interpreting appeals or medical language a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Standard a plus
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site
- Prior stable work experience
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. Everyday, we're collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 2 years ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...