The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun! Activities like summer bocce tournaments, the Strawberry Shortcake Smack-down, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, BBQs complete with s’mores and wacky fashion shows are just a taste of life at VTB.
The Application and Development Manager will be responsible for the guidance of the web and application development team in the execution of best practice development solutions that create a competitive advantage for VTBC. This position will lead an efficient project management and development process in support of prioritized business initiatives. He/She will also provide additional development resources when required and ensure that the web and application/development support needs of the organization are met.
• Plan and manage web and enterprise application development projects, application support and development resources
• Lead the web and application development team in a continuous improvement process in executing development projects based on industry best practices
• Act as a development resource for strategic projects by learning the operations and processes of the business to gather project requirements and acting as a liaison between development and business units.
• Manage the development project life-cycle and project requests through an effective project management process
• Develop and manage the development team personnel to ensure that the team is efficient and engaged
• Provide leadership and active support for ecommerce solutions, packaged software applications and integration tools. Provide additional development resources when needed.
• Develop and maintain integration solutions, focused on reliability and agility to support business needs and initiatives
This position requires a high level of attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills along with excellent follow-through and problem solving capabilities. Project management and team leadership experience are required. Must have the ability to absorb new technology rapidly and understand business issues. Requires self-direction and the ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment. Must be flexible and react positively to change.
• Minimum of five years experience in leading application and web development teams
• Minimum ten years software support and programming in a Windows/Linux LAN environment
• Minimum ten years structured methodology-based applications development experience and SQL
• Strong knowledge of database concepts and technology – MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
• Experience programming with MS .NET, MS Access, Visual Studio, ASP.NET
• Understanding of technical aspects of web site development and experience programming with PHP, C#, Java, Perl/CGI, SQL, HTML, XML, Web Services/SOAP, Open Source solutions
• Relevant experience as liaison with vendors for vendor-based solutions
• Project management experience is required
• B. S. - Computer Science or equivalent experience
A comprehensive benefits package including 401(k). In addition to the standard benefits, we offer some other fun perks including employee discounts, onsite Physical Therapy, onsite garden space, Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) farm share reimbursement, free gym membership for our employees and their families, onsite Chiropractic and Massage Therapy and onsite nutritionist.