Professional , Full Time , - , IT & Telecommunication , Information Technology , Information Technology
arvato digital services llc , Business unit: arvato North America , PLEASANT PRAIRIE , Wisconsin ID: 226024
The Application & Web technology Development Manager is part of the NA IT Team for Supply Chain Management and supports operations of our existing and new customer base in the Louisville KY, Pleasant Prairie WI, Weaverville, NC, Duncan SC, Valencia CA and Austin TX facilities.
Role requires strong technical design and development skills and a good understanding of software architecture concepts and design patterns as well as excellent software support skills.. The ideal candidate comes with a professional background in web technologies/web app development and an interest in working in that area.
1. Maintains existing systems environments and business processes
2. Provides support at varying degrees through all phases of the project life cycle; requirements definition, design, configuration, testing, train-the-trainer, implementation, and provides leadership and accountability for projects along with post implementation user support.
3. Gathers, defines, and analyzes business requirements and data in conjunction with the arvato world wide team when advising on solutions to business problems.
4. Conducts and oversees the quality and success of meetings with internal and external customers.
5. Functions as a senior architect and consultant in the functional design, internal and external testing, and implementation of new customer on boarding and change requests.
6. Evaluates operational systems and business processes and advises users on the most appropriate use of solutions to meet their requirements.
7. Supports the end user with first and second level issues.
8. Trains and empowers end-and key users in regards to all aspects Application, Database and Webtechnologies.
9. Works together with other IT- and business departments in regards to systems and operations topics.
1. Support run business: support all aspects of existing Application, Databases and Webtechnology setup. Ensure customer and internal specifications requirements are met at all times. Keep Documentation up to date. Must be able to make decisions and initiate action when a systems or business issue is identified.
2. Project- and Change Request implementation: Ensures timely implementation of change and project requests. Is responsible for ensuring that agreed upon requirements, activities and timelines are met by delivering quality solutions within budget
3. Process- and setup improvements: Provides new and updated solutions in order to save costs, generate revenue or provide any other aspect of improvement for our business lines
4. Subject Matter Expert: Assist other groups with application, databases, web and syste/automation integration related requests (take part in IT estimations, feasibility studies, error analysis; provide training/knowledge transfer, recommend solutions)
5. Business Partner Responsibility: Must be able to manage and build internal and external customer relationships as they pertain to specific projects and business processes.
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Sciences, Engineering or Business Administration
- Strong technical and functional systems background
- 8+ years Hands-on and full life cycle development experience in various technologies.
- Proven design, implementation and/or support experience (5+ years)
- Proven 3+ years of experience in a day-to day management role
- Profound hands-on experience in Dot.Net, SQL, HTML, PHP, Perl, CSS, XML, interface design Linux (CentOS and SuSE)
- Administration experience Linux Apache / Web Hosting experience
- MySQL database design and optimization experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, etc)
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of Typo3, Postgres, nginx, django and rabbitMQ, Phyton desirable
- Experience in automation integration, webtechnology, distribution, manufacturing and ecommerce
- Preferable experience in or with IT-, High tech- or Entertainment Industry
- German language skills
- Excellent people & communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organization skills
- Quick Learner
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Posses a “positive can-do” attitude
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Highly self-motivated to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Follow through
- Background in Computer Science, IT management, Engineering, Mathematics (BA or Master degree preferred)
- 5+ years within customer facing business which utilizes Applications -Design, -Programming, -Configuration and -Systems Analysis
- 4+ years experience in distribution, retail, or consumer industry
The position will be located at our Pleasant Prairie, WI, Louisville, KY or Duncan, SC facility, depending on candidate's location.
About our company:
arvato digital services llc offers integrated service packages in the Video, Audio, Games and IT/Technology sectors. The service chain covers post-production, replication, fulfillment, distribution/supply chain management, financial services and electronic content distribution. Innovative end-to-end IT systems support the entire process chain.
arvato digital services llc's stability, expertise and capacity to handle enormous volume set us apart. Our solutions reach deeply into the customer realms of our clients, both end-user and reseller, adding value and positively impacting their market positions.
arvato digital services llc is a division of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, excellent 401K and much more!
Submit application to:
Please apply through the online application process.
For more information, please visit our Web Site:
Bertelsmann Media Worldwide - 10 months ago
Every day the 8,000 specialists at arvato digital services provide a comprehensive range of storage media related services to business partn...