Application Analyst Intermediate
Job ID: : 26169
Department: : IS&T
City: : St. Paul, MN
Location: : HP - St Paul 180 East Fifth
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : M-F 8-5 with pager on-call responsiblities
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an opportunity for a Care Delivery Systems – Intermediate Application Analyst to work within our Information Services and Technology Department in St. Paul, MN. This position ensures that the appropriate analysis and technical requirements are documented for applications changes to hospital and clinical information systems and interfaces. This position provides application support to a variety of care delivery/ancillary products supported within HealthPartners clinics and/or hospitals. The person in this position is responsible for troubleshooting issues as well working on upgrades and enhancements. This position also acts as a Project Manager for a variety of care delivery related initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information systems or equivalent experience along with 3 years of IT analysis and technical design experience and 1 year experience coding, testing & implementing program changes. Project management experience is required (project management certification is not required). Experience with healthcare (specifically in care delivery) is desired.
- Assesses builds and deploys software and new application functionality.
- Performs unit testing and assists with system and end-user test planning and testing.
- Develops and/or assists with test scripts; may manage the testing process, or advise business partners on testing components.
- Analyzes functional and technical requirements for moderate changes or enhancements and updates system designs and specifications.
- Diagnoses system failures and corrects issues.
- Drafts technical specifications based on identified business requirements.
- Supports 3rd party application software; interacts with vendors regarding problems, upgrade schedules, and software installations.
- Provides requested documentation and interviews with auditors and third party requestors.
Additional requirements include:
The schedule for this position is generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and as needed. This position includes a pager rotation amongst the team including on-call 24x7, and upgrades that need to be performed at night or on the weekend.
- Working knowledge of programming languages
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure
- Proven ability to gather requirements and deliver output on those requirements
- Strong communication skills in technical and non-technical vernacular
- Proven ability to write technical documentation in a clear manner
- Experience participating on project teams, preferably from initiation through successful implementation and acceptance of application changes
- Expertise with more than one system development methodologies
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.jobs and search for job ID 26169.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners - 14 months ago