Find all our positions at www.iSphere.net
iSphere is a Texas-based IT services firm that partners with clients to provide the necessary resources to meet critical IT and business goals. We started over 10 years ago on a foundation of trust and have built our client relationships directly with the hiring managers. iSphere is committed in satisfying their clients with the best possible candidates and just as important we want to satisfy our engaged consultants with the respect and care they deserve.
The reason why iSphere is successful is because we help the strongest candidates make their step to a successful career sooner.
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER???
If you are looking to advance your career with a notable client, there has been no better time than now to submit your resume and connect to iSphere!
Stay up to date with iSphere at our LinkedIn group at www.isphere.net/linkedin
Do you know someone who you can recommend to do this job?
The Application Analyst will work closely with our Transportation Business Partners, Business Analysts, Transportation Business Unit, and the Transportation support team to understand the work processes and business problems we are trying to solve. The Application Analyst will help identify the appropriate solution and coordinate all aspect of technical implementation. In addition they will perform the Solutions Integrator role and ensure that they are delivering end to end support and work with the leverage IT service teams (i.e. Web, Application Development, Citrix, TCOM, DBA, SAP, etc.) as appropriate.
This position will enable the analyst to learn the Transportation Business and play a critical role in the support of our key business processes, interfaces and applications. In addition they will build people relationships within IT organization, with our Business Partner/Business Analyst, and with the business.
Key experiences in this role
- Front line exposure to Transportation Business operations
- Exposure to a critical transactional environment that affects daily cash flow of the company. Building Analytical and Technical skills.
- Opportunities to gain experience with Oracle PLSQL and other technologies through daily support activities. Your technical skills will be stretched, tested and honed.
- 3 to 5 plus years experience in application support, troubleshooting and system analysis
- Strong technical experience with developing and trouble shooting Oracle Packages, Stored Procedures, and Functions
- Experience participating on multi-discipline project work-teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player. Builds relationships and credibility.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science or other IT related
- 5 to 10 plus years experience in application support, troubleshooting and system analysis
- String technical experience with developing and trouble shooting Oracle Packages, Stored Procedures, and Functions
- Strong technical experience with developing and trouble shooting MSSql Stored Procedures
- Experience with the full life cycle of software development
- Technical experience with Visual Basic 6, PowerBuilder, Java, Business Objects, Team Foundation Server and UNIX and Windows Scripting
- Excellent customer service focus
- Effective communication skills with the ability to relate to technical and business processes
- Strong planning/organizing skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to initiate tasks and demonstrate innovative behavior
- Ability to work with vendors to support applications
Find out why now is a great time to join the iSphere Team of Consultants!
- Front line support of Transportation and Operations day to day operations. Ensuring that daily transactions flow with no interruption. Troubleshooting systems and looking for opportunities to improve systems and processes.
- Be responsible for designing and development of break/fix, enhancements, and project efforts. Also be responsible for testing, change management, and documentation for support team’s application documentation repositories.
- Provide support for Transportation systems through the use of the Remedy and Work Excellence systems to track work. This would include providing estimates for these work efforts.
- When called upon function as a Solution Integrator to ensure that all aspects of the process that system enables are working as intended.
- Establish relationships with Business users, Business Partners/Analyst’s, and support team that creates partnerships.
Be Seen First With iSphere!