Under minimal supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which systems will be implemented. Builds, tests, documents and maintains those programs.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Elicit business system requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and produce the following deliverables as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI Screen and Interface designs.
- Demonstrate experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, if required.
- Complete project and support assignments in accordance with established service level agreements and defined and published project timelines.
- Assists facilities in meeting evolving regulatory requirements within established timeframes. Interact with appropriate software vendors to confirm compliance with new regulatory requirements, as needed.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers and team manager, whichever is appropriate.
- Thoroughly challenge and discuss client assumptions on how they will successfully execute their plans into their respective departments and across the hospital site.
- Evaluate all requested system changes against corporate standards to ensure compliance and understanding of impact to the organization as a whole.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and product management skills in interpreting customer business needs translating them into application and operational requirements. Configure systems to support operational needs once requirements are finalized and approved by customer.
- Create detailed use cases and test plans for users and IT to implement, documenting outcomes and issues for further review and resolution.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and appropriate software vendors through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with other CHS IT subject matter experts on technology services and technology and integration to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the facility user community and contracted vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and a minimum of three years of experience in a progressive IT environment is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Is competent to work on all phases of business and applications system analysis and implementation activities. Able to act as a Medical Records champion collaborating with entity department management about information system requirements and serving as a knowledge resource to non-financial IT employees. Serves as a liaison between IT and facility staff.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and recommend or develop appropriate systems and/or application solutions. Knowledge of computer/computational science, data analysis, and some programming technologies, concepts, and techniques. Ability to develop, installs, test, and troubleshoot complex applications software.
- Ability to record, track and document resolution of user problems by means of problem reporting database software. Ability to develop user documentation for training, software/hardware use, user procedures, and project deliverables. Ability to learn and support new applications and systems.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Knowledge of how the Medical Records department functions and the associated tools involved in that department, including dictation, transcription, deficiency tracking, various use of groupers, ROI reporting, SPARCS reporting and the patient’s medical record.
- Experience in a Medical Records environment and Information Technology a plus.
Catholic Health Services of Long Island - 23 months ago