To coordinate the implementation, operation, and maintenance of the Health Information Management Department computer systems. Provide orientation and training to Health Information Management personnel in the utilization and proper operation of computer systems. Responsible for the management, storage, and retrieval of information/data in the computer systems and is the contact and resource person for healthcare customers who utilize the databases. Responsible for procedures, verification, validation, and correction of patient data in the Health Information Management Department and hospital wide computer systems. Write reports and utilize data mining skills for QA, research, and planning purposes. Manage implementation of updates to current systems and new systems/platforms. Create, instruct and monitor procedures of Data Integrity Analyst.
Requirements for this position include:
1. Associates Degree in a computer related field.
2. Minimum of 2 years as a Systems Analyst at St. Elizabeth’s or 4-7 years documented experience as a Systems Analyst in a healthcare business environment.
3. Application knowledge in the following systems desirable: HBOC, Healthquest, Softmed’s Chartfact/Locator, ChartScript, ChartStat, and Chart Release, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and GroupWise.
4. Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform assigned work in a self-directed manner, achieving departmental performance standards with minimal supervision.
5. Must possess good communication skills, professional presentation, excellent analysis, decision making and problem solving skills, flexibility, patience, and judgment.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
7. Pleasant and positive attitude.
9. Accuracy, attention to detail, concentration and analytical skills are essential.
10. Ability to work as a team member and/or independently without direct supervision.
11. Performance evaluations that meet or exceed standards of performance, especially in the area of attitude, interpersonal relationships, attendance, reliability and job performance.
St. Elizabeth's Hospital - 19 months ago