1. Experience developing viable, complex SOA and Web-Based applications that can be successfully implemented, operated and managed. Hands-on understanding of SOA development approaches, best practices, implementation techniques and hazards. Well versed in OO programming, J2EE, Spring framework, contract-first SOA development.
2. Strong collaboration and both verbal and written communication skills. Able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts to project teams, business analysts, architecture leadership, project stakeholders, and project management.
3. Actively involved in evaluating and selecting technology to support SOA technical reference architecture and/or SOA development projects.
4. Collaborates with the business architects to ensure the business architecture artifacts are defined at a sufficient level to develop the associated application architecture and technical design artifacts.
5. Proven ability to develop designs and accurately estimate development efforts based on (sometimes limited or vague) information including business process flows and requirements.
6. Ability to translate requirements to software solutions. Determine the partitioning of business solutions into applications/services, and designing of those services.
7. Reviews SOA designs and implementations to ensure conformance with best practices, standards compliance and reusability review.
8. Owns and drives resolution of application architecture and technical architecture issues. Enforces adherence to and controlled change of SOA application architecture.
9. Collaborate with application architects and designers from other areas to identify re-use opportunities and leverage existing artifacts where appropriate.
10. Define the need and design of new or modified services and operations.
11. Develops Application Architecture and Design artifacts including but not limited to:
a. Conceptual, logical and physical architecture specifications
b. Service contracts and definitions
c. Service interaction diagrams (e.g. use cases, sequence and dependency diagrams)
d. Logical data model (in partnership with Data resources)
e. Testing guidelines and specifications
f. Vendor Product Evaluation Matrix
12. Thorough understanding of SOA testing techniques and experience using tools such as SOAPUI, jUnit, nUnit.
13. Ability to identify risks and issues and to resolve then in a constructive and creating manner.
14. Able to challenge ideas in a respectful, constructive way.
15. Strong critical thinking abilities and persuasion skills.
16. Self-directed, driven to complete tasks on schedule and within budget. Willingly takes on responsibility and ownership for assigned tasks.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
Five or more years of consulting experience with technical architecture analysis and design
Experience working with CSC Catalyst and/or equivalent client or vendor-mandated methodology
Experience working with one or more technical platforms
Experience working with technical infrastructure communication issues of low to medium complexity
One to two years of additional relevant experience in one or more technical specialty areas
Good technical infrastructure design skills
Good communication skills
Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
Ability to devise creative technical solutions
Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
Willingness to travel
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
AppLabs - 2 years ago
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...