The Application Architect has mastered the value, use, development and delivery of software intensive systems. They have developed skills in software development lifecycles, software engineering and software design. The Application Architect is responsible for the value generated from a particular software system or system of systems. They work with project teams to ensure value is delivered for investment and feed resulting valuation results into the business, information and infrastructure areas.
The Application Architect has fully developed their abilities to understand the costs and revenue generated from software elements as well as the process for delivery. They work through inception alongside business and information architects to ensure that particular business units maximize investment.
The Application Architect owns the true value of a software system from inception throughout its full system lifecycle (through end of life of the system). This value may be communicated through robust analysis of the system components and the tradeoffs made during design and development. The software architect may in addition create numerous formal models of the software and its impact on the overall topology of the technical strategy.
Common Education / Experience:
- Rigorous design methodology that consistently yields the right level of technical design documentation and develop technical solutions that conform both to customer requirements and software development standards
- Review, cost and design optimized software designs based on rigorous understanding of costs and returns
- Participate and recommend prioritization through the project implementation process
- Hands-on development may be required to demonstrate component selection and prototyping
- Ability to act as a key member of project team and provide leadership in both application design and development.
- Assist in problem resolution and support the development team through consultation and problem research
- Utilize understanding of industry software trends to innovate and provide new project/product ideas within the investment lifecycle
- Participate in governance mechanisms and ensure that deliveries exceed governance standards
- Proven oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship development with all primary and secondary stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Work as equals with engineering/development staff for optimal design/delivery
- Communicating software concepts to all levels of management
- Address software reusability
- Ensure that expected application quality attribute levels are achieve
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related technology degree, an MS preferred
- 7-12+ years developing application architecture elements especially robust valuation techniques, inclusive of Web, Desktop, and Mobile applications
- 5+ years leading application architects
- Significant experience with coding in multiple languages (JAVA, .Net, C#, etc.)
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC including maintenance as well as multiple specific SDLC methodologies (ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF, etc.)
- Experience with all elements of change control
- Experience with all major forms of quality assurance
- Preferred experience with leading project teams including the development of project management deliverables
- Experience in developing project scoping and scaling deliverables
- Strong software engineering process skills
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Proven capacity to work independently and manage multiple, competing demands
- Able to take high level requirements and develop software architecture with minimum supervision
- Requires specific experience with particular software platforms: Wintel, Linux, Active Directory, SQL, Oracle, Big Data, Analytics, Monitoring, Workflow/BPM, Business Services, TIBCO, Data Streaming, Collaboration, DataPower, Cisco, VPN, Web, Mobile, Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, MaaS, DaaS, Security methods, Encryption.