Brainlab is currently recruiting an Application Consultant in the Surgery Business working in the Mid Atlantic region. This role is based in Charlotte, NC.
- Routinely communicate with the Account Manager in your region discussing each other’s schedule, customer situations, open sales projects, etc. Identify and refer sales leads
- Conduct on-site clinical evaluations at new and existing customers to demonstrate the use of products and services to increase the frequency and quality of IGS product usage
- Direct CT and radiology staff in performing necessary scans prior to surgery
- Provide on-site guidance and assistance to physicians and OR personnel during surgery maximizing IGS efficiency and usage
- Lead installations at new and existing customer sites
- Educate / train physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, Radiology, Central Sterile Processing, Biomedical and Information Technologies staff, on the use of IGS products and services
- Develop and conduct training programs for hospital staff enabling them to implement in-house training
- Fulfill obligations pursuant to service contracts including but not limited to repairing system hardware/software, preventative maintenance, installing software/hardware upgrades, etc
- Provide telephone "hotline" support, investigating and resolving customer problems
- Act as primary customer liaison maintaining contact with customers assessing satisfaction, usage levels and working to increase revenue via the sale of service contracts, spare / wear parts, upgrades, etc
- Maintain timely site visits and customer contact
- Report and document complaints per Complaint Handling SOP
- Utilize expertise to contribute to the quality improvement process by recommending product modifications
- Accomplish all To Dos and Service Orders before the assigned deadline
- Attend meetings and trade shows to demonstrate and promote IGS products and services
- Keep abreast of developments regarding Brainlab and competitive IGS products and services via ongoing training and individual research
- Attend IGS Continuing Education annually and maintain annual product certification competency
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Nursing or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a technical support role for a healthcare company or provider preferred
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, anatomy and medical terminology preferred.
- Proficient in the use of PC software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and a proven history of ability to make independent decisions.
- Travel 50%+
In return for the experiences listed above we will provide a business casual environment, competitive compensation package including medical, dental, life, LTD, STD, and matching 401k benefits and much more.