Brainlab is currently recruiting an Application Consultant in the Surgery Business working in the Northeast region. This role is based in Northern New Jersey.
• Conduct on-site clinical evaluations for new and existing customers to demonstrate the use of products and services to increase the frequency and quality of surgery product usage
• Provide on-site consulting, guidance, and assistance to physicians and Operating Room (OR) personnel by evaluating options and problem-solving during surgery in order to maximize product efficiency and usage
• Lead installations and establish functionality at new and existing customer sites
• Educate/train physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, Radiology, Central Sterile Processing, Biomedical and Information Technologies staff, on the use of surgery products and services
• Utilize engineering expertise to contribute to the quality improvement process by recommending product modifications
• Act as primary customer liaison, maintaining site visits and regular contact with customers, assessing satisfaction and usage levels, and working to increase revenue via the sale of service contracts, spare/wear parts, upgrades, etc.
• Regularly strategize with the Account Manager in your region, evaluating customer situations, open sales projects, and identifying and referring sales leads
• Resolve product issues through detailed analysis and utilization of engineering expertise
• Keep abreast of new developments regarding Brainlab and competitive products and services via ongoing training and individual research and analysis
• Attend image guided surgery Continuing Education annually and maintain annual product certification competency
• Promote surgery products and services to surgeons at trade shows
• Maximize customer satisfaction
• Report and document complaints per Complaint Handling SOP
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
• B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Clinical Engineering, or Nursing required
• 1-3 years experience in a technical support role for a healthcare company or provider preferred
• Knowledge of surgical procedures, anatomy and medical terminology preferred
• Proficient in the use of PC software applications including Microsoft Office
• Self-motivated, detail oriented and a proven history of ability to make independent decisions
• Travel 50%+
In return for the experiences listed above we will provide a business casual environment, competitive compensation package including medical, dental, life, LTD, STD, and matching 401k benefits and much more.
Brainlab - 11 months ago