What Were Looking For:
The Application Coordinator is responsible for managing the full cycle of the application process for prospective students applying to 2U graduate programs and Semester Online. He/she organizes all aspects of the application process in order to facilitate the Application Review Process with the Admissions team and faculty reviewers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing student application status via the Apply Yourself and Salesforce systems.
- Update student demographic data, assigning lead ownership and updated application status (missing items or complete) within 24 hours (one business day) of receipt of application. Detailing missing items to assist Admissions Counselors with prompt follow-up with students to collect missing documents.
- Receive and process all documents required for admission including, but not limited to, transcripts, required letters of recommendation, resumes, and certified test scores. Process other materials based on program requirements as needed.
- **Certify/validate student transcripts. Calculate student GPA for all applying students as required by program. Use all available resources to confirm students academic history and documents required to determine admissibility to university and program.
- Create electronic file for each student containing all required documents for admission and forward to appropriate admission team/faculty to make decision on admission to the program. Communicate timeline to the assigned Admissions Counselor via task in Salesforce.
- Communicate admission decision to Admissions Counselor and University Graduate Office (for graduate programs).
- Provide regular feedback to enrollment services operations on system issues and enhancements for quality assurance purposes
- **Provide reporting to Senior Management on status of applications, etc. as requested.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 1 – 3 years experience working in a service-oriented, administrative role.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF). Previous experience with Salesforce, Docusign/Echosign, Apply Yourself and File Sharing systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Proven ability to manage tasks and complex processes end to end required
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Ability work and contribute in a team environment
About 2U, Inc.
2U partners with top-tier universities to deliver rigorous, selective graduate degree and undergraduate for-credit programs online. Founded in 2008 by John Katzman and a team of education veterans, the company provides universities with the technologies, infrastructural support and capital they need to transform their on-campus programs into high-quality, web-based programs. 2U is one of the highest-funded education technology start-ups in the United States. 2U has partnered with prestigious colleges and research universities to deliver the following groundbreaking online programs:
- USC Rossier Online: Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in Teaching –TESOL and Master of Education in Advanced Instruction from the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
- MSW@USC: Master of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Southern California School of Social Work
- Nursing@Georgetown: Master of Science degree in Nursing from Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies
- MBA@UNC: Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- MPA@UNC: Master of Public Administration (MPA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government
- @WashULaw: Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law from Washington University School of Law
- MPH@GW: Master of Public Health (MPH) from the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services
- International Relations Online: Master of Arts in International Relations from American Universitys School of International Service
- Semester Online: For-credit undergraduate program through a consortium of leading colleges and universities
And if youre ready to help our team (www.2U.com/team) build the next great movement in higher education, consider joining us.
Why Its Great to Join Our Team
Our Mission – Transforming & disrupting higher education
Our Culture – We are a highly energetic, innovative high growth company. We dont take ourselves too seriously…we have a no a$$ hole policy. We strive to maintain a casual, professional and highly productive work environment for our team. 2U employees enjoy many perks, including the ability to wear jeans to work every day.
Benefits – at 2U we offer a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401k. We also offer paid time off and company holidays. Thats not all! Full-time employees receive a 100% paid tuition benefit for themselves, their spouse and their legal dependents.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
2U, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U, Inc.'s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.