GET EMPOWERED BY SDG:
We are seeking an ' Application DBA' to be a part of our team of client-facing experts to help drive support processes, customer service, and solution building. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional that possesses a commitment to excellence and high standards, strong organizational, problem solving, analytical skills, a demonstrated ability to effectively manage priorities, adapt well to changing priorities while remaining flexible, and constant enthusiasm.
- Designing and managing data schemas, including data quality and testing
- Working with project managers and business stakeholders to identify and integrate new master data sources and improve existing ones
- Migrating existing point to point data integrations; identifying and removing redundant data processes, scripts and batch jobs
- Implementing complementary solutions, procedures and processes to help address data quality and management
- Profiling, cleansing, mapping, normalizing datasets
- Analyzing problems areas; designing and implementing system improvements
- Evaluating, testing and proposing next-generation technology related to business intelligence and big data
- Creating and maintaining both technical documentation (design documents, data flow diagrams) and user documentation (user guides, training materials, wiki articles)
- Providing leadership and guidance to offshore DBA team members
- Planning, testing and implementing all data related aspects of application development
- Plan and execute releases (database related), scheduled and emergency deployments and changes, ensuring compliance with standard operational processes, including incident, problem and change management processes
- Work with broader teams (client) on leveraging expertise on security and compliance standards.
Educational Requirement: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Oracle experience including database design, normalization and expert level Oracle PLSQL
- Experience of working with data migrations
- Strong business analysis skills
- Strong data modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills â€“ strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
- Strong team player â€“ collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
Location: Stamford, CT
SDG Corporation - 9 months ago